"Its never been a question of if; its always been a matter of when."















Sunday, September 23, 2012

ISLAND FEVER

Urban Dictionary defines "island fever" as:
-a psychological illness that usually affects poor people found in Hawaii and other islands

-the realization that you are stuck on which ever island you are living and not going anywhere

Sure, you can take a plane to Asia, United States and Europe if you have the money to pay for it. Most beach bums do not have it so they are stuck on Oahu.

Sure you can take a plane to Maui, Lanai, etc... But getting the money (around $100 RT) is also a problem too. Besides, don't forget SSDI... Same Sh*t, Different Island.
 
People who live on mainlands have trouble understanding Island Fever because they can hop on a cheap bus or train and travel to many different countries. While people in Oahu are stuck on a rock the size of Chicago.
 
Since this is the only definition as Webster's has left me empty handed, we will explore this definition above.
 
For work, I am able to travel to Kauai, Maui, & the Big Island for work.
 
 
Don't worry, I am not at the beach bar or working on my tan. I am running around the island for work so that I can make my flight home to Oahu's rush hour traffic. Though I dont have time to visit the places I would like, I make a mental note so that we can enjoy it when we island hop for weekeneds or vacations.
 
KAUAI
I travel to Kauai at least once a month, though many of my top new custoemrs are here. Ann & Stan Kowalsky, Leigh's parents, came over this month for a visit. We stayed on North Kauai in the Princeville/Hanalei Bay area.
 

I had not been to North Kauai for work, as my customers are in the Lihu'e, Kapa'a, and Waimea only. The northern portion of the island is known for its moutain views, cliffs, hiking, and golf. The southern portion is best for beaches, blowholes, and a bit warmer/dryer climate.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment